Periods can be uncomfortable and often leave you feeling helpless. But there are a few simple life hacks that can make your period a little more manageable. In this article, we’ll be discussing eight brilliant life hacks that you can try to improve your period experience.
- Homemade Heating Pad: This is one of the best period hacks out there. All you need is one sock and some rice grains. Simply tie the sock up, put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, and you’ve got yourself a homemade heating pad. It’s perfect for relieving cramps and discomfort.
- Sneaking Tampons: If you’re ever in a situation where you need to sneak a tampon into the bathroom, this hack is for you. Simply put it in an old lipstick container and it will be perfectly disguised.
- Stained Underwear: Stained underwear and jeans are a common problem during periods. But there’s a simple solution – hydrogen peroxide to clean underwear and salt and water to clean jeans.
- Splashing Blood: To avoid splashing blood everywhere in the toilet, simply put a little piece of toilet paper underneath you. This will contain the blood and make your life a little easier.
- Caffeine and Cramps: Caffeine can worsen cramps during your period. To avoid this, replace your coffee with herbal tea. Herbal tea can also be beneficial for your cramps.
- Milk Chocolate vs. Dark Chocolate: During your period, it’s best to avoid sugar as it can worsen cramps. One simple way to do this is by switching from milk chocolate to dark chocolate.
- Light Exercise: Light exercise, such as yoga, can release endorphins and help relieve cramps and boost your mood.
- Menstrual Cups: Switching to a menstrual cup is one of the best things you can do for your body during your period. Menstrual cups are made of 100% pure silicone and are reusable. They also last for up to 12 hours and come in different sizes to suit your body.
Here’s the table so you can remember it easily.
|Homemade Heating Pad
|A simple solution for relieving cramps and discomfort using a sock and rice grains
|Disguise tampons by putting them in an old lipstick container
|Clean stained underwear using hydrogen peroxide and jeans using salt and water
|Prevent splashing blood in the toilet by using a piece of toilet paper
|Caffeine and Cramps
|Replace coffee with herbal tea to avoid worsening cramps
|Milk Chocolate vs. Dark Chocolate
|Switch from milk chocolate to dark chocolate to reduce sugar intake during period
|Release endorphins and relieve cramps through light exercise such as yoga
|Switch to a reusable menstrual cup made of 100% pure silicone that lasts up to 12 hours and comes in different sizes
These are just a few of the many life hacks that can make your period a little more manageable. So next time you’re feeling the discomfort of your period, try some of these tips and see what works best for you. Remember to leave a comment in the comment section and tell us which hack was the most effective for you to try. Don’t forget to like, subscribe and turn on your notifications, so you can get more tips and tricks to make your period a little more manageable.
Also Read: 11 Proven Ways to Ease Period Pain Naturally